Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cares of this life

"But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with...cares of this life" (Luke 21:34).

Anyone who has bought a home knows what I talking about...Brokers, Realtors, Mortgage lenders...they weigh you down. Jesus is so right---"Lest your hearts be weighed down." The cares of life trap us in fog. My eyes are dizzy as I wined through woods and gaze at the houses perched within the dense foliage. 'Boy, that's a nice view'....ah-ah-ah, "Watch yourselves." I find myself staring, and asking, "Well, just what if I could get a house a little bigger, like that one?"---I feel that question squeezing the Holy Spirit right out of me. Oh how many are the "Cares of this life." May God teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom. 2000 square feet or 20,000 square feet, either way, from dust we came and to dust we shall return. And in the meantime, "The years of our life are but seventy, or even by reason of strength eighty; yet their span is but toil and trouble, they are soon gone, and we fly away" (Psalm 90:10).

No comments: